Our Next Step youth program is targeted at any young person aged 17—24+ who has left school early or disengaged from mainstream education. The aim of this pathway program is to give young people an opportunity to re-engage and experience learning in a supportive and flexible space.
Next Step is a package of ACFE funded courses to assist with the development of personal and employability skills that can navigate pathways for future education and/or employment opportunities.
Delivered over 8 weeks, Heather our facilitator, will use her experience and knowledge to provide practical down-to-earth strategies, useful advice and tips to help students gain confidence and skills for future pathways.
Let’s fill the gaps… Life’s Tips and How To’s – Thursdays 9.30am—*12.00pm 9 May to 27 June (8 weeks)
Real life tips and how to’s using everyday English and Maths.
Learn how to build up your reading/writing/spelling/maths skills to:
- fill in forms both online and hardcopy;
- navigate websites for correct information e.g. Centrelink, finding out about jobs and/or courses;
- follow simple instructions and manuals e.g. recipes, measurements;
- how to create a simple budget to save/spend money more wisely e.g. cooking on a budget and other money matters – percentages, interest, banking;
- or just improve on areas that you need for getting a job or getting into a course.
Create Your Story – Wednesdays 12.30pm—*3.00pm 8 May to 26 June (8 weeks)
Create your story is about using Art to help you to:
- express yourself as you want to be;
- gain confidence and experience in trying new things;
- build a more positive state of emotional well-being and improve mental health;
- tell the world your story visually;
- learn to use different mediums and techniques that could help with Visual Art courses.
Learning the Ropes – Wednesdays 9.30am—*12.00pm 8 May to 26 June (8 weeks)
Gain an understanding of what you need to know when looking for
work and or further education. Learning the Ropes will show you:
- how to work out what your personal strengths and limitations are and how to build them up/improve on them;
- what’s the best way to find/apply for jobs and/or courses;
- what you need to do for a job/course application and interview;
- what employers are looking for in their employees;
- build on how to work in a team environment with a diverse range of people.
*Weeks 1 & 8 finish 1/2 hour later
Subsidised by Adult Community & Further Education Ref: 19ALNlitnum/19VOCArtThe/19EMPOffAd
Enrol in this course by phoning us on 9803 2335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org